Recipe book recommendations

Beginning with February, I'm using a random country generator every month to assign a food theme. I'm then buying the 'best' recipe book I can find for that country and cooking a new dish every weekend. I'll build a cool collection of recipe books, learn new recipes and techniques, broaden my horizons, and give meaning to this sad covid-dominated existence!

First country generated was Japan, so I'm looking for some advice on recipe books.

Must be in English, must have a good range of dishes (no sushi books, for example), ideally have Japanese cooking techniques as well as recipes (not a deal-breaker), and be of a pretty high standard. I'm competent in the kitchen so I'm looking for something sophisticated and challenging.

Specific recipe suggestions in specific books would be awesome too, as would names of some great complex dishes to look out for if you have no recipe book suggestions!

Will post results if all goes well. Will delete this post and slink away quietly if not.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/EssOhh
[link] [comments]

from Japanese Food https://ift.tt/2Mq7nTx https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments

Popular Posts